Missing Google Maps on your iPhone? Now available as a free app!
I wont get in the middle of the whole Apple Maps vs Google Maps. The reality is, Apple Maps does some really cool stuff, but it has had enough problems it would be realistic to say it may have been better to wait a bit before making the ‘built in’ map. Many posts on sites around the world have stated their life could return to normal if they only had their Google Maps back on their iPhone.
Happy days for those Google Map fans, the app is back as a free download on iTunes. While the feature list between the new Google Maps app looks like the features we used when it was a built-in app, the look is more simplified.
The graphic slider on the lower right corner of Google Maps will reveal the view options.
Choosing what info you wish to see on the map, Traffic is handy as is Public Transit. Satellite gives Google’s famous graphic view of everything around you as you drive.
Google Maps offers directions for driving, riding a bus or walking.
The feature list from Google:
* Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
* Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
* Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
* Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
* Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
* Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery
* View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
* See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
* View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
Simple and easy to use
* An entirely new Google Maps experience on your iPhone.
* Newly designed and streamlined interface for even easier navigation of your world.
* Use gestures to explore the map and browse results.