Today, the Free iPhone/iPad Skype app was updated with: “Run Skype in the background with multitasking in iOS4.
Receive Skype calls and IM while other apps are running or when your iPhone is locked. You can also continue your call while you switch to another application.”
- I can call anyone who has a free Skype account via 3G or WiFi network for free. No matter where they are in the world.
- I can text message people that have a free Skype account from within the Skype app, no limit on quantity of texts. And, I can text multiple people at the same time… allowing me to get a group of folks together with one quick text.
- I do not have to have Skype running as the front app, it is already ready and waiting in the background due to it’s multitasking (iPhone with iOS4, not iPad with OS3.2.x).
- I can use other apps while I’m talking on a call via Skype like I can using the regular phone service.
- I do not have to depend on the company Blackberry network being up/down – team members can get in touch of me quickly from their desktop, notebook, iPad or iPhone.
- I can do video calls with the regular Skype app, nothing extra to do or buy.
Did I mention it’s free?*
*thought I should star the ‘free’ item… everything Skype is free/free over wifi… if your using the 3G network you can use up your multi gig account so the old unlimited accounts are nice for lots of talking. Skype does offer services that you can pay for – go to skype.com to see if you need those additional features.